This is the master TODO list for PPR. It is no longer kept in the source directory or distributed with the source code.
For PPR 1.5x
- Integrate bug fixes from 2.0 (ongoing)
- Integrate IPP server improvements from 2.0 (tried, not practical)
For PPR 2.X
- ppr-panel: fix so presents a popup error message if pprd isn't running
- Verify the FSS and Debian Policy complience of the Debian package.
- Implement the new input filter, output filtering class design NewPS2PS filtering scheme to remove the PostScript filtering smarts from ppr and pprdrv so that they can be used to filter incoming and outgoing IPP jobs too
- Make a stripped-down GtkEmbed or Mozilla chrome Mozilla browser or make a stripped-down browser with the Mozilla ActiveX? control
- Finish the IPP server (making good progress here)
- Finish support for automatic driver download in Samba 2.2.x and 3.x.
- Fix Dillo caching problem when deleting printer in the web interface. It may be necessary to emit an header to say that certain CGI output is not cacheable. It is probably that Dillo is exposing a bug by not having a workaround for buggy sites.
- Implement PPD file installable options handling in pprdrv. (priority: low)
- Implement -F switch sorting in pprdrv.
- Add code to convert command line option value strings and DSC text fields to UTF-8.
- Support banner page "news" messages.
- pprdrv: separate output of RIP from output of the printer and the interface so that, for example, "ERROR:" messages from smbclient won't be falsely ascribed to CUPS. (Though this problem has been fixed in interfaces/smb.tcl.)
- Stop printer control refresh during scrolling of alerts window
For PPR 2.X Documentation
- refman: describe editps.conf and editps system
- pprhack: explain meaning of !!! in source code
- refman: describe pagesizes.conf
- refman: describe pserrors.conf
- refman: describe lwstatus.conf, pjlstatus.conf
- pprhack: describe the "Userparams:" printer configuration line
- pprhack: describe the "LimitPages:" printer configuration line
- pprhack: describe the "LimitKilobytes:" printer configuration line
- refman: finish ppr-followme(1) manpage
- refman: describe mfmodes.conf
- pprdoc: discard obsolete material and move remaining material into other documents