The PPR Spooler
This page is a directory of information of use to users of PPR. PPR is a
printer spooler specially designed for spooling jobs to PostScript printers
or to non-PostScript printers using Ghostscript. It was written by David Chappell at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut,
This page was last modified on 22 December 2008.
- 7 December 2006--PPR 1.55 has been released. This is a maintainance release
consisting entirely of bug fixes and 64 bit Linux compatibility fixes
backported from the 2.XX branch.
- 11 April 2006--PPR 1.54 has been released. This is a maintainance release
with the changes consisting mainly of bug fixes backported from the
- 29 March 2005--Mailing list moved from Majordomo to Mailman.
- 11 December 2004--PPR 1.53 has been released.
- 7 October 2004--PPR 1.53b1 has been released.
- 20 February 2004--PPR 1.53a1 has been released.
- 23 January 2004--Created a PPR wiki.
- 6 November 2003--Printer interface program documentation in the
PPR Hacker's Guide
has been greatly improved and updated.
- 26 September 2003--PPR 1.52 has been released.
- 10 September 2003--We note that the OSI has published a
Position Paper on SCO vs. World.
- 25 July 2003--PPR 1.51 has been released.
- 13 March 2003--Custom Hooks have been documented in the
PPR Hacker's Guide.
- 15 February 2003--PPR 1.50 has been released.
Networking Software With Which PPR is Integrated
Win32/MacOS Printer Drivers
PPD Files for PPR and Clients
Programs for Converting other File Formats to PostScript
Other Opensource Printing Projects
General PostScript Information
Fonts and Character Sets
If you want some e-mail addresses to which you can send spam, please see
Please send comments and suggestions about this page to
David.Chappell@mail.trincoll.edu. Please do not send other
coorespondence concerning PPR to this address. See the FAQ for the proper addresses for bug reports and